Note: The early bird registration deadline for the TechNow 2009 conference is this Thursday, October 8! Register at http://www.rmu.edu/bayercenterregistration to take advantage of the discounted fee.
Presenting Sponsor: TowerCare Technologies
Summer draws to an end, the kids go back to school, and leaves start changing colors. That means it’s nearly time for TechNow!
TechNow is the Bayer Center’s annual conference devoted to the new and important technology trends and resources for nonprofits. Since TechNow affects virtually every area of a nonprofit’s mission, it is beneficial for non-techies as well as techies to attend. We promise you’ll learn a lot, network with like-minded people, and…have fun!
For more info on the conference, including breakout session, keynote info, and scholarship/payment options, visit the conference website at http://technow2009.wordpress.com.
Here is this year’s list of the top ten reasons you should attend TechNow:
10. Cream pies are back!!
9. Your friends will be there. If you don’t know anyone into nonprofit tech, you will have new friends by the time you leave…we guarantee it.
8. The exhibitor who gave away the widescreen TV last year has hinted about bringing another fantastic give-away. They won’t say what it is, so we’re all left to guess at it. (The Bayer Center has a few fantastic give-aways of its own stashed and ready.)
7. If you’re getting stimulus money (or federal funding of any kind), your website must be compliant with Section 508 web accessibility guidelines. There will be a breakout session where you can find out what that means.
6. USB drives are back. Conference materials will be pre-loaded, so note-taking is optional.
5. Our exhibitors are great local tech companies who “get” nonprofit organizations.
4. If you don’t know about GIS, thin clients, user interface design, or green IT…you’ll learn all kinds of new stuff!
Our Keynote Speaker: Ami Dar, Founder & Executive Director of Idealist.org
3. The conference has its own Twitter feed! Follow it at http://twitter.com/TechNowConf. We will broadcast the feed on the main screen during the conference so you can give immediate feedback for sessions, locate friends and colleagues, tweet interesting session points, etc.
2. We have scholarships available and a “Budget Impasse Payment Plan” – visit the conference website for details: http://technow2009.wordpress.com.
1. Ami Dar, Ami Dar, Ami Dar! ‘Nuff said!
Register today by calling 412-397-6000 or online at: http://www.rmu.edu/BCNMregistration. We hope to see you there!