At our TechNow 2008 conference last October, we had Holly Ross from the Nonprofit Technology Network (aka NTEN, www.nten.org) as our keynote speaker.
NTEN is the membership organization of nonprofit professionals who put technology to use for their causes. It is essentially a community of peers who share technology solutions across the sector and support each other’s work.
I’m excited about one of NTEN’s latest projects: a book entitled “Managing Technology to Meet Your Mission: A Strategic Guide for Nonprofit Leaders.” The book features a variety of topics on nonprofit IT strategy by a range of recognized experts in their fields:
- Achieving IT Alignment with Your Mission – Steve Heye, YMCA of the USA
- Managing Technology Change -Dahna Goldstein, PhilanTech
- Measuring the Return on Investment of Technology – Beth Kanter, trainer, blogger and consultant
- IT Planning and Prioritizing – Peter Campbell, Earthjustice
- Finding and Keeping the Right People – James L. Weinberg and Cassie Scarano, Commongood Careers
- Budgeting For and Funding Technology – Scott McCallum and Keith R. Thode, Aidmatrix Foundation
- Introduction to IT and Systems – Kevin Lo and Willow Cook, TechSoup Global
- Where Are Your Stakeholders, and What Are They Doing Online? – Michael Cervino, Beaconfire Consulting
- Effective Online Communications – John Kenyon, nonprofit technology strategist
- Effective Online Fundraising – Madeline Stanionis, Watershed
- The Future if IT in Nonprofits – Edward Granger-Happ, Save the Children
As I type this post, I’m attending an online book release party where we are listening to each author talk about his or her chapter. Sounds like good stuff to me – I can’t wait for my copy to arrive! It’s available for order at: http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0470343656,descCd-description.html.
If you aren’t ready to commit to purchasing the book, you might be interested in checking out the wiki for the book on which bonus materials, questions, and discussions are being added: http://www.meetyourmission.org/.